Key Differences between Oracle Transportation and Global Trade Management On-Premise and Cloud
(Doc ID 1926811.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Trade Compliance Cloud Service
Oracle Forwarding and Brokerage Operations Cloud Service
Oracle Global Trade Intelligence Cloud Service
Oracle Logistics Inventory Visibility Cloud Service
Oracle Transportation Intelligence Cloud Service
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In order to adhere to corporate security policies there are some minor differences between the Oracle Public Cloud Services and On-Premise versions of Oracle Transportation and Global Trade Management. The following note captures the key differences.
- Inbound and Outbound Data Integration is only supported with the HTTP protocol, including Web Services. There is no support for FTP, Direct Database, or Oracle Advanced Queues.
- SSO/LDAP: Configuring OTM to use an SSO or LDAP repository outside of the Oracle Public Cloud is not supported. However, Federated SSO is supported.
- PL/SQL: Defining custom PL/SQL functions and procedures for use in Workflow Agents and Reports is not supported.
- Java Plugins: Loading Java Plugins is not supported.
- AES Filing Integration: The Customs Filing Module can be used to generate Customs documents, however there is no direct connection to the AES system for automatic filing.
- Custom User Interfaces using Java Server Pages/XSL Stylesheets: Customizing User Interface Java Server Pages and XSL Stylesheets is not supported. User Interface configuration is restricted to capabilities accessible via the Oracle Transportation Management Menu.
- Faxing is not supported.
- Scalability configuration is unnecessary in the Cloud and the corresponding user interfaces have been secured.
- Data Source: In the Cloud, Configuration of Data Sources is handled by Cloud Operations so the corresponding user interfaces have been secured.
- The Info Page contains security sensitive data and is not accessible in the Cloud.
- Data Purge/Archive: Data purging without archiving is configured by default and cannot be modified by the customer. Consult the OTM Cloud Administration Guide for more detail on data retention periods.
- User Exit functionality is not supported due to the dependency on creating and modifying PL/SQL procedures, which are not supported.
- Domain Copy and Domain Export are unavailable.
- The following configuration and diagnostics interfaces are intentionally not accessible in the Cloud:
- Data Source
- Import Diagnostic Log
- Queue Management
- Leak Detection
- Test JSP Servlet
- Integration Outbound Debug Servlet
- StyleSheets for XML Document Generation/Contact Notification should be uploaded via Stylesheet Profile/Stylesheet Content.
- Domain Admin users are blocked from interactive login. The Domain Admin user is still created and used by internal workflow, but otherwise these users are inactive. Administration of Domains should be accomplished by a user with DBA.ADMIN role or DOMAIN.ADMIN role.
- Log files are limited to a maximum capacity of 10MB and 20 Backups, regardless of the value set in the Log user interface.
- Use of Embedded images in Reports is restricted to PDF documents.
- SQL Execution Interface is limited to read only queries.
- CMIS Document integration is limited to products which support web service based integration.
- Lexical Report Parameters are not supported. Report Parameters need to be defined using Bind Parameters. Please refer to the OTM provided Reports for an example on how to use Bind Parameters.
- By default, Cloud installs take advantage of an OTM capability to redirect primary key (ID) generation of significant objects such as shipments and orders to use an database sequence, which performs much faster than a BN Rule. The use of the sequence numbers is controlled by properties. These properties are documented in the OTM Administration Guide and can be disabled if necessary. However, the preferred approach in the Cloud would be to create a Refnum containing the Business Number using the Generate Refnum agent action.
- The embedded BIPublisher engine is disabled in the Cloud. Instead, all reports need to be created, modified, and executed using the external BIPublisher 11g instance which is installed with the service.
- Java and TCP/IP external rating and distance engines are not supported in the Cloud. Only external engines which support HTTPS web services are supported in the Cloud.
- "Stack Traces" are disabled and will present the message: "You do not have rights to view Stack Traces."
- Only the "APP" Execution Mode is supported for DB.XML Data Import.
- Custom help is only available for on-premise installations. It is not available to Cloud customers.
Fusion Transportation Intelligence (FTI) and Global Trade Intelligence (GTI)
- Due to security concerns, direct database access from Fusion Transportation Intelligence/Global Trade Intelligence has been removed for all Business Intelligence (BI) Roles including BIAdministrator. This means that you cannot execute your own SQL directly against the database. The web catalog privileges accessed via Administration > Manage Privileges > Answers > Execute Direct Database Request and Edit Direct Database Analysis are no longer available even for authenticated users. Instead, you should use BIPublisher for reporting against the operational database.
- The following cannot be customized in an FTI/GTI Cloud installation:
- RPD (note that you cannot merge OBIA and FTI/GTI since the RPD cannot be customized)
- ODI Configuration
- Cannot add your own translations. The shipped translations work as normal.
- Cannot deploy multiple RPDs in a single OBIEE install
- Cannot create or alter existing BI Roles since the Cloud installation does not have access to Enterprise Manager
- Maps functionality is not supported on Cloud installations. (Note: This limitation was removed as of version 6.4.2)
- The write back feature does not work on Cloud installations. (Note: This limitation was removed as of version 6.4.2)
- There is no support for FTP
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Fusion Transportation Intelligence (FTI) and Global Trade Intelligence (GTI)|