Additional Validations for Bank Accounts and Branches for Cloud Customers
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cash Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Fusion Supplied validations applied for setup for internal banks, bank branches and bank accounts are:.
Per appendix F of the R12 Cash Management User's Guide - e13483.pdf
An example for the UK is:
• Field Rules
• Bank Number
• If entered, then the length should be 6 numeric characters. Branch Number
• If entered, then the length should be 6 numeric characters.
• If the Bank Number and Branch Number are entered, then both values must match.Account Number
• Length should be a maximum of 8 numeric characters.
• Check Digit • No validation.
Initially when banks, branches and bank accounts are loaded during implementation, they can be exported from a legacy system and import usingone of the following three methods:
- Global Payroll: How To Load Banks And Bank Branches Via Payroll Batch Loader (Doc ID 1572106.1)
At implementation they can control the accuracy of the information because it’s already validated by the source legacy system becausepayroll and supplier payments are being processed successfully. As new employees are hired, and new suppliers added (Oracle Payments) a validation is needed to make sure bank, bank branch and bank account information are entered correctly.This would avoid having payments to employees and suppliers be rejected and clean up occur after the fact.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms