New Hire process fails with error when Person Number Generation Method is set to “Automatic Upon Final Save”
(Doc ID 1957228.1)
Last updated on MAY 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Release 9, the New Hire process fails with error when Person Number Generation Method is set to “Automatic Upon Final Save”
Steps to reproduce:
Log into application as HCM User
1. Navigate to Setup and Maintenance page
2. Search for Manage Enterprise%
3. Select GotoTask beside Manage Enterprise HCM Information
4. From Manage Enterprise HCM Information page
5. Global Business Institute from results
6. Edit and correct the record
7. Set Person number generation method to Automatic
8. Enter the Sequence number
9. Commit the changes.
Logout from the application:
1. Login to application as user with ability to Hire employees
2. Navigate to Manage Users UI and Hire an Employee
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“FUSION”,”PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F”,”PERSON_NUMBER”)
Issue seen after upgrade of the environment to Release 9 and also impact customers who are New on Release 9 as well.
With the setting of “Automatic Prior to Submission”, if an employee is not hired for some reason then there is a possibility of a gap in the person number assignments. This could happen if the new hire is not approved during the process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!