Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
2 descriptive flexfields are set up in PER_ASG_DF (assignments DFF), the second field has a dependant value set based on the value set attached to the first field. During the hire process a value is selected for the first field and then a value is selected for the second field base don the value set chosen for the first field. Then user goes back and changes the first field to another field where the dependent value set does NOT have the same value as the first one. The second value is not cleared out and if next is clicked no error is given that the second field value is invalid.
Steps to Duplicate
1. Set up an independent Value set with two values IN and GB
2. Set up a dependent value set on the first value set where for value IN, there is a valid value of "Manufacturing" and for GB there is a valid value of "Distribution"
3. Create two descriptive flexfields for PER_ASG_DF (assignments DFF), one called Country and the other called Platform
4. Deploy the flexfields
5. Log off and on again
6. Hire new person – fill in details on Identification and Personal Information and click Next
7. Fill in Country flexfield as IN
8. Fill in Platform flexfield by select Manufacturing from drop down
9. Go back to Country flexfield and choose GB
10. Tab out and notice that even though Platform is dependent on Country field, its value is NOT cleared
11. Also if next is clicked,even though Manufacturing is NOT a valid value for Platform when Country is GB, no error is given.
If the independent flexfield is changed and there is a dependent flexfield also, the dependent flexfield value should be cleared.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms