Last updated on JULY 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Project Billing Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Canceled invoice did not calculate the correct tax amount ,when re-calculate invoice is done Projects.
When the invoice is cancelled to back out the incorrect tax amount and regenerate the invoice , the credit invoice that was created had same tax amount as the original invoice in Projects.
Sample Scenario :
1) The user created an invoice and later figured out that the rates were incorrect
2) Changed the rates in rate schedule and re-generated the invoice. They did not see any change in the rates in invoice. This is because any change in rate schedule will not trigger the recalculation on the invoice. User will have to mark the transaction for re-calculation so that it will select up new
rates and generate
3) User explicitly did recalculate invoice details . Invoice amount got changed but the tax amount did not change.(This is the actual issue). This tax amount is only used for display purpose in projects.
4) User has transferred/accepted the invoice and the correct tax amount for the original invoice is reflected in the AR
5) User cancelled the invoice. This has a different tax amount compared to the original invoice. This different amount is the correct one and that is what AR has also calculated on the original invoice.
6)Note that both original and cancelled invoice has correct tax amount reflected in the AR. Only in projects side the tax amount which has no implication anywhere is different on the original invoice
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms