Classification Assigned To Wrong Credit Category or Failed With Classification Error.
Last updated on JULY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Incentive Compensation - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Incentive Compensation Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Calculation completed successfully but transactions show as Eligibility Error.
When check the credit, noticed that the transaction had Classification Error ( CLASSIFICATION_ERROR ) or
the credit category associated to the transaction is incorrect (eg. "CC - DO NOT USE - CA").
Expected the transactions to be assigned to a different credit category "TCV (Upfront) - CA".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Import transactions with ATTRIBUTE1 (Product Sold) = TCV with event date = 11/19/14 and collect transaction.
2. Run Crediting and Rollup
3. Run classification then run Calculation
4. View transaction and it shows Eligibility Error with credit category being assigned to "CC - DO NOT USE - CA"
1. Check Classification Rules Hierarchy
Navigator > Compensation Plans > Manage Classification Rules
RL - CA : Business Unit = Vision Operations, credit category = CC - DO NOT USE - CA
RL - CA MR : Product Sold = SPEND, credit category = MR (Monthly Revenue) - CA
RL - CA TCV (Upfront) : Product Sold = TCV , credit category = TCV (UpFront) - CA
RL - CA TCV (Monthly) : Product Sold = TCV_MONTHLY , credit category = TCV (Monthly) - CA
a. Confirm rule dates cover the transaction date (eg. rule date range is 1/1/14 - 12/31/15 so definitely covers transaction 11/19/14 event date)
b. Get the rule criteria (eg. Product Sold = TCV )
2. Check credited participant on the transaction is assigned to a compensation plan where the components have the credit category assigned.
Navigator > Participant Assignments > Select Participants > Manage Compensation Plans
a. Confirm the compensation plan assignment date covers the transaction date (see Doc ID 1968059.1 )
b. Confirm the appropriate Performance Measure has the same credit category assigned to it.
3. Check when Deploy Classification Rules were last run.
Check Classification processes was submitted for the appropriate date range and whether it was for New or All mode.
4. Confirm the attribute field is correct for the appropriate business unit.
Navigator > Setup and Maintenance >Task: Configure Tables and Columns (Table = CN_TP_TRANSACTIONS_ALL)
Canadian business unit : Product Sold = ATTRIBUTE1
US business unit : Product Sold = ATTRIBUTE1
5. Confirmed descriptive flexfield for CN_TP_BASETRANS_FF is on ATTRIBUTE1 for Product Sold
Navigator > Setup and Maintenance > Task: Manage Incentive Compensation Descriptive Flexfields
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms