Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Customer Center Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : NA version, Manage Accounts
Search for Postal Code returns duplicate results
- The behaviour occurs when searching for a post code for a city, where the post code is shared across several localities.
As the Postal Code is shared across several localities and towns, when I'm searching for postal code for a city/town, applications should show multiple results, each result specifying the town and the locality. In the screen shot I attached, I'm actually searching for Dunedin postal code.
For Dunedin city/down you have multiple postal codes as below:
City/Town Suburb/Locality Postcode
Dunedin Kew 9012
Dunedin Balaclava 9011
Dunedin Liberton 9010
As in the result page I cannot see the suburb/locality information, I'm not able to select the proper postal code.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start Creating an account
2. Enter Name and Type
3. In the Address section, Country is New Zealand
4. Enter Address Line 1: 25 Drivers Road
5. Enter or select City: Dunedin
6. Expand the Postal Code field. You can see several postal codes with the respective geographical information (Postal Code, Locality, City, District, Region). I cannot find in that list the postal code I'm looking for (Maori Hill, with Postal Code 9010). So I click Search and application brings me to the Search Postal Code page.
7. In the Postal Code page, I can see the value of City field, Dunedin, correctly inherited from the previous page. Here I enter the Postal Code 9010: that's the Postal Code for Maori Hill locality within Dunedin City, and click Search. The application return a dozen lines where the City is Dunedin and the Postal Code is 9010. But I cannot see the locality that should allow me to identify the exact line.
8.Select one of the lines in the Search Results section, click OK and SAVE AND CLOSE
9. Query the account and you discover that the City I select has been unexpectedly replaced by WAKARI - THIS IS AN ISSUE TOO: The city has been replaced with the locality value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms