Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changing End Date of Legal Entity is not updating HCM Organizations correctly as described in the following two scenarios:
1. Org EFF Start Date is not changed when the date on the Legal Entry is changed to an earlier date. The org information EFF start date doesn't get changed. All other tables were updated correctly.
Many Core HR and Payroll processes require the org information data to be present. If you move the start of the legal entity backwards, you will create a gap in history between the start of the org and the start of the EFF content. This cannot be bridged via the front-end, ever. Updates are only possible after the first org information record. It cannot extended backwards. Hence, the change of the legal entity start date in the XLE table MUST move all records in the org info table that started on the same date.
2. Providing a later start date does not change the date in any of the HCM Organization tables, XLE table dates are changed.
Dev originally stated that this is working as expected: Effective Start Date of HCM Org should not be moved forward. Consider this, Legal Employer has started on 1995-03-05, an employee is hired on that date or 2-3 days after that. Now if you move the start date of this to 1995-08-05, the hired employee gets invalidated, so moving the effective start date to future is not allowed.
Customer responded with a number of scenarios that reveal flaws in this logic:
1. If you change an LE end-date you cause a similar problem, where someone is employed in an inactive Legal Employer.
2. Similarly, deactivating a business unit causes a similar situation.
3. The XLE table masters the legal entity dates. If you don't bring the org tables in sync, then you cannot be certain that later changes to the dates will work without a problem.
4. The most common occasion for such changes is before any employees are hired, during the initial setup of a legal entity (when it has been entered wrongly by mistake).
5. The same screen would allow correcting the date easily if ever a problem occurred due to such a date move.
6. Your scenario can easily been addressed by a warning message if any employees were already hired before the LE start date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms