How To Create Line Item Fields
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines Express CPQ Cloud Service for Salesforce.com - Version Spring 15 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Administrators can create custom Line Item fields on configuration blueprints. These line item fields appear as columns in the Line Item grid and can be used to display product information, capture subscription information like dates and term length, and calculate costs and pricing details. Fields can be made editable or read-only. Some uses include:
- Sales reps can enter different start and end dates on individual line items.
- Sales reps can enter descriptions or custom notes on line items.
- Administrators can create fields that calculate the monthly recurring cost and total contract value.
- Administrators can save the dimensions of a configured product to the line item to which they belong.
- Administrators can calculate the list price or cost of a product in the configurator and set it to a custom field.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms