Specific Approval Sequence Runs as Parallel when the Flow Dictates it should be a Series
(Doc ID 2006991.1)
Last updated on MAY 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2013 Winter to 2015 R2 [Release 2013 to 2015]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upon inspecting all the reasons, the approval workflow does not follow the expected behavior or design. It may be limited to this specific workflow below:
- All reasons are required in sequence.
- All reasons that says "Condition Simple" returns false.
- Simple Condition 1 and Simple Condition 3 will trigger in series.
- Only Simple Condition 3 will require approval because Simple Condition 1 has no approver(s).
- Simple Condition 6 and 7 will not trigger because Simple Condition 5 is required in sequence and returns false.
Simple Condition 3, Simple Condition 6, and Simple Condition 7 require an approval and are in parallel with each other. Notice that the actual behavior bypasses Simple Condition 5 even though this is required in sequence and returns false.
- Remove Simple Condition 2, everything will work as expected.
- Change Simple Condition 5 to Always True, everything will work as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document