Reporting Manager Always Requires Time For Dates [Invalid date entered. Please make sure the value is in the proper format (MM/dd/yyyy h:mm am) with valid date/time values.]
(Doc ID 2032973.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing a Date attribute, there's a property called "Includes Time" which determines whether the time is included when storing the value of the date attribute.
Setting the property to "No" means the attribute will show a date without time. Using the Date attribute as the Date Filter in Reporting Manager and selecting "Custom" in Duration, the date duration shows without the time component.
However, when running the report, a pop-up alert will appear indicating the format should include the time:
To reproduce this error:
- Create a Date attribute with "Includes Time" set to "No".
- Deploy Commerce.
- Under "Data Columns" for your Commerce Process, configure the new attribute as a Data Column.
- Go to Reporting Manager and select the created attribute as the Date Filter.
- Select "Custom" for the Duration.
- Click the calendar control and select dates.
- Note that a time is not included with the selection. A time is included on date attributes where "Includes Time" is set to yes.
- Run the report.
- A pop-up message appears requiring a time entered (hh:mm) with date values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!