Extended Description 1 Of Parts Table Does Not Keep The Formatting In Document Output
(Doc ID 2053748.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2014 R1 Update 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a table in extended parts description, which contains HTML formatting in Document Designer, the text is retained, but the formatting is lost. This also occurs with slightly varying behavior in Doc Engine in 2014 R2. The difference is that the table exists, but any formatting (such as table borders) is lost. It should be noted that the table will preview correctly in the HTML editor; however, will not be displayed accordingly in Document Designer.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Admin Home Page > Parts.
- Create or edit an existing part.
- Edit Extended Description 1 to include a table and any formatting.
- Click Save and Update.
- Navigate to Admin Home Page > Document Designer.
- Create a new document or open an existing document.
- Add a text element with a loop over all line items.
- Add attribute Part Extended Description 1(_part_extended_desc_1).
- Save page and Preview the document.
The table created in the extended parts description should be displayed as the same format in Document Designer.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document