PJF: How To Enable Project Administrators To Baseline Project Budgets
(Doc ID 2054821.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Project Foundation Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business Use Case
Time cards and projects are maintained in third party tool. Project managers (PM) are assigned on those projects to do Every Day PM activities. All the employees and project data is brought into Fusion Applications. User need to maintain both the systems. Project Managers migrated into Fusion will not have application access to continue doing PM activities instead, a person as an administrator in Fusion will carry these PM activities including project budget baseline creation.
Assigned user with 'Project Administrator' role is unable to baseline a budget as 'Create Baseline' button is disabled in Manage Project Budgets page. User has 'Project Budget Baseline Duty' abstract role assigned -
1. Goto Manage Role Templates> Search - External Roles
2. Query 'Project Administrator' role as shown below
3. Click on 'Open Role'
4. Goto 'Application Role Mapping' tab.
5. Under FSCM Tab, Added 'Project Budget Baseline Duty'
6. Close All the Tabs
7. On the home page, go to 'Search Role Templates'
8. Query 'Project Administrator Template for Business Unit Security' role
9. Click on 'Open' Window and Then 'Policies' Tab
10. Go to 'Actions' Tab and enable below highlighted check boxes.
11. Apply and Generate Roles
12. Add 'Project Administrator for Business Unit and to the user
1. Navigator> Projects> Manage Project Budgets
2. Click on Version 1
3. Assign Resources
6. Create baseline is disabled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document