HDL:telephone Numbers : Handle Delete Before Merge As Normally If Both
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find when loading telephone numbers via HDL, an order can not be specified DELETE or MERGE order and the order is random.
For example, the scenario below
1. Employee must already have external and corresponding internal phone numbers
2. Employee then updates external phone, but in such way that their internal phone generated out of it would be the same
3. SSY processes the update to external phone and generates 2 lines in the .dat file
a. DELETE line – to remove existing internal phone
b. MERGE line – to insert newly generated internal phone (however, the same number)
4. HCM loader can either delete and then re-create record OR update existing record and then remove it.
– lines provided in the .DAT file are processed in random order and there is no way to set this order.
-- Expected Behavior
Expect to specify an order
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
Navigate to Data Exchange / HCM Data Loader / Import and Load Data
Import / select UCM and click submit button
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms