Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Microsoft Outlook, Even after adding the Creation Date and Created By fields in the list view for custom object in Outlook pages, the fields do not appear in the list view in Outlook. Also the sorting is off.
Creation Date and Created By should appear in the list of custom object. List should be sorted descending by Creation Date. Customer requirement is user should see who created it and when it was created and with proper sorting to get the Latest Record on top.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Customer created a Custom Object with below attributes
Sort By : Creation Date
Sort Direction : Desending.
Creation Date and Created By are Standard Fields in Custom Object. Keep all standard fields as is.
2) Map this custom object in Outlook so that custom object create/edit function is available in Outlook. This is working as expected in Outlook.
4) In Outlook, click Edit list views > custom object link > Add fields Created By and Creation Date in the Selected fields.
5) Synchronize the changes to Outlook, uninstall and reinstall the package.
6) Creation Date and Created By fields are not seen in the list view in Outlook.
Workaround: User can right click on the list in Outlook > Add Fields > Select 'Fsn Creation Date' and 'Fsn Created By' fields and sort them manually. But this has to be done by every user which is not acceptable to the customer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms