Publish Sandbox Error: MDS-00522: Failure To Save Document DataBindings.cpx.xml
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Accounts, Contacts, Households
When attempting to publish a Sandbox, the following error occurs.
A conflict has been encountered while trying to Publish the contents of Sandbox ApplCoreLongSB_SBNAME into the mainline. You will need to cancel the publish.
MDS-00522: failure to save document /oracle/apps/cdm/foundation/parties/publicUi/mdssys/cust/Site/SITE/DataBindings.cpx.xml to the metadata repository MDS-00557: Resource /oracle/apps/cdm/foundation/parties/publicUi/mdssys/cust/Site/SITE/DataBindings.cpx.xml is already locked or is being modified.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Sign in to FuseWelcome Page as Sales Admin
2) Create a sandbox
3) Activate sandbox
4) Choose app composer from the navigator, select Application Common, search for the standard account object and navigate to pages
5) Under Details Page Layouts, edit a Custom Layout
6) Add a new subtab
7) Choose subtab of type ‘Web Content’
8) Give the subtab a name, choose the icon and add the following text in the groovy editor:
'https://xxxx.oraclecloud.com/analytics/saw.dll?Go&Action=Navigate&path=%2Fshared%2FNAME%2FAnalytics%20Library%2FDetail%20Reports%2FAccount%20Timeline&p0=1&p1=eq&p2="Customer"."Customer Row ID"&p3=' + PartyId
9) Choose to add this new subtab only on this layout
10) Save and close the new subtab
11) Click ‘Done’ to leave the edit page layout screen
12) Leave app composer by clicking on the home icon
13) Leave the sandbox (not sure if it is needed, but I always leave sandbox before publishing it
14) Now Publish the sandbox and you will see the following error
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the user gets an error when attempting to publish a Sandbox.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms