Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Microsoft Outlook
Account ID removal doesn't remove the Account ID validation (Contacts & Accounts Objects) - Outlook
Customer removed Account ID fields from both Accounts and Contacts objects in outlook pages->default layouts. However when creating Account or Contact in Outlook, the Account ID validation is still triggered. They do not need the field or the associated validation in Outlook.
In Create contacts form -> Party Number is required
In Create accounts form -> Account ID is required
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In app composer, remove Account ID field from App composer -> Standard Objects -> Account -> Pages -> OL -> Default Layout and App composer -> Standard Objects -> Contact -> Pages -> OL -> Default Layout
2. Generate package and test changes in Outlook
3. In OL -> Create Sales Cloud Contact -> Open form -> It does not show 'Party Number' field anymore.
3. Create contact with minimum required fields and Save -> It throws error as 'Party Number is Required'
4. In OL -> Create Sales Cloud Contact -> Open form -> It does not show 'Account ID' field anymore.
4. Create account with minimum required fields and Save -> It throws error as 'Account ID is Required'
User has customizations but error is on standard fields
This problem does not lead to sync errors from Web UI -> Outlook because account ID is assigned by the system even if no party ID is provided
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot create account and contact from Outlook, this is critical functionality for their UAT on 25th Jan.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms