PIM : Error "You must Provide a value for the attribute ..." during CSV Import Items For Multi Row Attribute Group when EFF attribute group values are left blank
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unique key field included on multi row attribute group leads to item import via CSV and Import Map failing with error "You must Provide a value for the attribute ..." if it is not filled in.
It is however possible to leave rows blank when creating the item via UI. The error should not occur via item import
Steps to Duplicate
1) Create a multi row EFF attribute group which has a unique key field and attribute group translateable flag set to Yes
2) Attach this to an item class
3) Deploy EFFs
4) Create an import map for the item class with a mapping for the EFF attribute group values
5) Create a CSV with values in it but without any values entered for the EFF attribute group values
6) Create an item batch and import items from file via the import map
7) See error given for unique key defined on multi-row attribute group that it must be populated
8) Create an item manually via item UI, see that no error is given if not populating the multi-row EFF attributes
No error should be given when using item import via import maps when not populating multi-row EFF unique key attribute.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms