User Must Scroll Down To Play Instagram Videos In Social Media Mixer
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Social Marketing Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : NA version, Content and Apps
To be able to access the video control bar of a video from Instagram, the user needs to scroll down. The control bar is not available on the screen.
When clicking on one of the resulting video, the preview would open up in a way to large vertical pop-up window, which let's the play button disappear the very end of the module.
Changing height of the module has no effect on the behavior. Longer the module, the preview also becomes longer & the control bar is never visible without having the user to scroll down.
The video control bar should be available to the user without having him to scroll down.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new view
2. Drag & Drop "Social media Mixer" module on the view
3. Configure the module to accept videos from Instagram & save the settings
4. Through Moderation, allow a couple of videos to appear on the module
5. Click to open any video in preview mode
Check for the video play control bar on the preview.
6. Try changing the height of the module/browser & check the play control bar again - it still needs the user to scroll to view the control bar.
The issue has the following business impact:
By scrolling down you can get to the button, but it can't be assumed that users will figure this out on their own. This does not deliver good user experience.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms