Phone Numbers Entered In Outlook Does Not Default The Correct Country Code
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Microsoft Outlook
Phone number is saved with US country code.
Phone number is saved with Australia country code.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Please see below the replication steps for the issue. Detailed screenshots are also attached. In summary, if I create a contact from Outlook to sync to Sales Cloud, the phone number manually entered in the phone number fields does not defaults with the default country code (in our case 61, Australia) as per user preference. Instead it is defaulted with +1, USA. We have also tried to configure the Australia phone format using the FSM task Manage Phone Numbering Plan and still it was the same behavior. Could you please investigate.
1. Click New Sales Cloud Contact
2. Manually enter the first phone number
3. Manually enter the mobile phone number and Save the contact.
4. Open the same contact and notice the country code being defaulted to USA. However all the user preference is set to Australia.
5. The contact synchronises to Sales Cloud with USA country code.
6. Create another contact in Outlook and this time do not enter the phone number manually. Instead click on the Business button to open up the phone number palette and you would notice, here it is defaulted to 61 which is Australia country code.
7. Enter the phone number using the palette and no issues this way. Although this is a work around, causes severe usability issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms