Last updated on APRIL 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Payroll - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. There is a legal requirement, in several provinces in Canada, to calculate a blended rate for purposes of overtime, etc.
a. In order to calculate the blended rate correctly, as per the provincial requirements, there needs to be the ability to prorate bonuses/incentives to determine the amount that is earned during a certain pay period or look back period.
b. For example, Ontario requires to calculate a blended rate if the associate earns incentives during the pay period.
1) Because bonuses/incentives are paid in arrears, it is imperative to be able to prorate the bonus when paid to determine the incentive earned during that specific period.
2) Reference: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/overtime.php
2. Bonuses paid in arrears need to trigger recalculation of fast formulas written for overtime, indemnity and holiday worked rules that have look back periods.
3. How can this be accomplished in the application?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms