Account Name Not Auto Populated On Opportunity Search Page When Selecting Opty On Create Task Screen
Last updated on MAY 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Describe how the current product is insufficient:
When creating or updating a task, the Account field is updated, but the Opportunity field does not show a list of only opportunity records that are related to the Account record that appears. This creates a problem where potentially a user could incorrectly select an opportunity which is not related to the Account record on the task. This also increases the amount of time required to find the correct opportunity. Users may not select an Opportunity which is related to the selected account .
2. Provide a detailed description of the Enhancement Request:
On Activity there is a account dynamic choice list field, when an account is selected the Opportunity field should be constrained to show only Opportunities related to that account record.
There should be a relationship built into the fields.
3. If possible, identify how the product can be changed to achieve the desired result:
Only Account related Opportunities should be listed/displayed. Build some logic into the opportunity field so that when the choice list for opportunities is opened, it will display a list of Opportunities that are related to the Account record that was populated on the Activity record.
4. Explain why Oracle Development should consider the Enhancement Request:
The desired enhancement is the most logical way that user would be expecting the product to behave. It saves time when selecting related records. It prevents users from incorrectly selecting opportunity records that are not related to the account on the activity.
5. Describe how this Enhancement will benefit the Customer's business:
Users will be able to see the filtered list and would able to select the right opportunity record within no time. Current process is very confusing and user may end up selecting incorrect opportunity record.
6. Is this Enhancement affecting an implementation milestone?
Yes. This is critical for Go-Live.
7. Please provide and describe the business flow that is affected by this Enhancement:
Due to this issue, users cannot be sure to select a correct opportunity which is related to selected account when creating or updating a task.
1. SUI > Accounts > Activities> Create Task (Create Appointment)
2. Opportunity field > Search > Account name not auto populated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms