Clicking on the 'Download File' Link to Download an XML File From the Job Status Window of P6 Professional Does Nothing When Connected to an EPPM Database
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to click on the 'Download File' link within the Job Status window of P6 Professional for downloading an exported XML file (while connected to an EPPM database), no XML file download is initiated and instead clicking the link does nothing.
Note: This issue can occur with either a Primavera XML or Microsoft Project XML (MSP XML).
When attempting to click on the 'Download File' link within the Job Status window of P6 Professional for a XML export, a browser should launch to load P6 (web) for in initiating the XML file download.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into P6 Professional and open a Project.
- Select File > Export.
- Select any XML export type (Primavera XML or Microsoft Project XML [MSP XML]) and step through the wizard. The XML export service initiates and the status can be viewed in the Job Status window.
- Select Tools > Job Status.
- Once the export job has completed, select Refresh and the download file link should be accessible.
- Try to click on 'Download File' link but note that nothing occurs and no browser page is initiated to launch P6 Web for downloading the XML file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms