BICS Not Connecting To RightNow database on Oracle custhelp.com domain
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Business Intelligence Cloud Services (BICS), on attempting to create analysis using the RightNow database, the below scenario is observed:
- The RightNow database is separately hosted by Oracle with a FQDN hostname that uses the Internet domain 'custhelp.com'
- The FQDN host name (ending with custhelp.com) was entered into BICS for the database connection.
- When trying to execute a SOAP request using the APEX in DBSchema, it fails with the below timeout error:
"The error after 180s is:
ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1130
ORA-29276: transfer timeout "
- Testing from Internet-based clients show successful connections.
- Executing the same PL/SQL code in a local database works.
- This seems to be an issue in the communication between BICS/DBSchema with RightNow, which are located in different data centers
- Requests are being made to https://<hostname>.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/oi.cfg/services/soap
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms