BICS Not Connecting To RightNow database on Oracle custhelp.com domain
(Doc ID 2131591.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Business Intelligence Cloud Services (BICS), on attempting to create analysis using the RightNow database, the below scenario is observed:
- The RightNow database is separately hosted by Oracle with a FQDN hostname that uses the Internet domain 'custhelp.com'
- The FQDN host name (ending with custhelp.com) was entered into BICS for the database connection.
- When trying to execute a SOAP request using the APEX in DBSchema, it fails with the below timeout error:
"The error after 180s is:
ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1130
ORA-29276: transfer timeout "
- Testing from Internet-based clients show successful connections.
- Executing the same PL/SQL code in a local database works.
- This seems to be an issue in the communication between BICS/DBSchema with RightNow, which are located in different data centers
- Requests are being made to https://<hostname>.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/oi.cfg/services/soap
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document