How to change the default Record Set for the "Search and Select: Account" flow when creating a new Opportunity?
(Doc ID 2141162.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to change the default Record Set for the "Search and Select: Account" flow when creating a new Opportunity? By default the Record Set "Records where I am on the team or territory" is displayed. This needs to be changed to "All records I can see".
As a Sales user,
1. user logs in to the application,
2. goes to the Opportunity page and creates a new opportunity
3. As a part of creation, clicks on the Account search, types the Account
name, but the Account is not found.
4. User now clicks on the search button for Accounts ¿ goes to a new page
5. New account search page comes up. The record set is defaulted to 'All records where I am on the territory / team'
6. User changes this to 'All records I can see'
7. Now he is able to search the relevant record and attach the Account to the opportunity
8. The requirement is to default the record set to be searched to 'All records I can see' at the onset, so that user can search for the Account in the opportunity creation page itself.
The product is inducing multiple number of click for a simple function to add an account to the opportunity.
3. If possible, identify how the product can be changed to achieve the desired result.
There may be some default profile option which has to be modified to set the default behavior.
4. Explain why Oracle Development should consider the Enhancement Request.
In the current scenario, the sales user may not find the Account if doesn't change the record set and it will lead to creation of multiple duplicate accounts.
5. Describe how this Enhancement will benefit the Customers business.
Increased user adoption , reduced duplication possibility
6. Is this Enhancement affecting an implementation milestone?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document