Error 'Bad Alias / Connection Name' When Configuring P6 Professional for Cloud Connect via Proxy
(Doc ID 2143552.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to configure a CloudConnect alias for P6 Professional in an Oracle Cloud-hosted environment, the connection fails with the following error:
Bad alias / connection name
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch P6 Professional.
- Configure a new database connection:
- Version 17.x and earlier: Click the ellipse [...] , then click Add.
- Version 18.x and later: Click the Databases tab, then click Add.
- Enter Driver type: P6 Professional Cloud Connection, then click Next.
- Enter the proper Database Name (case sensitive) and URL, then click Next.
- Observe the reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!