Last updated on JULY 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Accounts, Contacts, Households
Inactive Custom Subject Areas still appear in BI Publisher
When we inactivate a previously published Custom Subject Area (CSA) via Application Composer, the CSA still remains in the list of Custom Subject Areas in BI Publisher - Data Model - Query Builder.
Inactivated CSAs should disappear from the Subject Area picklist in the BI Publisher's Data Model, Query Builder page.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) - In OBIEE, click New > Data Model (this is how you enter BI Publisher) > Query Builder > Note the number of "custExt..."-named Subject Areas > logout of BIP
2) - App Composer > CSAs > inactivate a CSA
3) - Navigate to BI Answers > New > Analysis
4) - Note that the inactive CSA no longer shows up as one of the "Custom: ..." Subject Areas (This is good!)
5) - Log out of BI.
6) - Log into BI again (as same user)
7) - New > Data Model > Query Builder > click to view the list of Subject Areas
8) - Note that the inactive Custom Subject Areas still show up in the list (the number of "custExt..."-named Subject Areas is still the same) (This is bad).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot easily find the correct Custom Subject Areas in the picklist. This wastes time because it causes confusion.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms