Entering Expected Finish Date Causes Incorrect Remaining Duration Calculation
(Doc ID 2146840.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 8.2 1.0 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 8.2 1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After entering Expected Finish Date the Remaining Duration is not calculated correctly. There are some activities where the entered expected finish date is before the finish of the latest FF predecessor. In reality P6 is not adjusting the remaining duration at all and is extending the activity.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 sample activities
2. Activity A: Original Duration 20 days
3. Activity B: Original Duration 30 days
4. Link activity via FF
5. Enter Expected Finish for Activity B before calculated Finish of Activity A
6. Schedule (F9) Plan
7. Assumption: Activity A and B should end together
8. Result: Remaining Duration of Activity B is not adjusted, and Durations stayed the same
Unable to determine correct remaining duration
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!