Float Fields Decimal Precision Behavior is Inconsistent
(Doc ID 2147304.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2015 R1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Float Attributes with precision of 4 digits are updated with more than 4 digits through the Web Service API and Advanced Modify BML code, but it throws an error in REST API call.
This issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a quote attribute of type "float" with attribute decimal precision of 4 decimal places.
- Add this attribute to the quote layout.
- Use a version 2.0 Web Service to set the attribute value to something with 5 or more decimal places, i.e. 5.67892345. This will store that value in the document XML.
- Modify an action's advanced modify function to return a value with 5 or more decimal places. Use the action and see that the transaction XML has the exact value.
- Use the updateTransaction REST API to set the attribute to a value with 5 or more decimal places. In this case, the following error will occur.
"title" : "Could not perform Action: Save and Price\nmb_float_test: You may
only enter up to 4 decimal places for this field. Attempt to save value
"type" : "HTTP://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document