Last updated on JUNE 28, 2016
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 15.2 to 16.1]
Primavera Unifier - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 15.2 to 16.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performing an Update Shells action to push an updated workflow schema from a Project Template to several shells/projects in the environment was resulting in multiple copies of the same workflow ending up in the destination shells/projects.
Only one Workflow Schema should be created in the target Shells when the shell template is used to push the new schema to the shells.
The problem was noticed when performing the following steps:
- Go to the Company Workspace > Templates > Shells > Projects > Select the Project Template and open it > Setup > Business Processes > Select the BP > Workflow Setup > Choose the Setup > Update Shells > Shells... > Select the Projects to push the Workflow to > Update Shells.
- After you click "Update Shells" it can take some time for the job to run and complete. You can confirm that a Shell Update job is complete by clicking on the "Update Shells" drop down > History...
- When the job is complete, the top line in the Update Projects/Shells History window should have submit/start/end dates and show Status=Finished.
- If you double click on the line, a "History Details" window will open and you can confirm that it shows a successful status: "Selected projects have been successfully updated".
- When viewing the destination shells/projects, only 1 copy of the updated workflow schema should be present, but in this case there were some duplicate WF Schema created at the destination shells/projects.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms