Resource Usage Profile is Not Using the User Preference Setting 'Interval for Time-Distributed Resource Calculations'.
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using the Resource Usage Profile (RUP) set to Day/Hour, then setting User Preferences, Resource Analysis, 'Interval for time-distributed Resource calculations' = Hour, shows the right data spread at first, however, logging out and back in again doesn't show the hour setting in RUP.
The User Preference setting hasn't changed, therefore, the RUP won't change after logging in again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a Project with Resource spread data (Sample data example: EC00610 - Harbour Pointe Assisted Living Center).
2. Browse to the Activity View.
3. Show on bottom, Resource Usage Profile (RUP).
4. Right-click and select Timescale.
5. Set to Day/Hour (save the layout).
6. Set User Preferences, Resource Analysis, Interval for time-distributed Resource calculations = Hour.
7. Notice the hourly graph.
8. Log out.
9. Log in.
10. Notice RUP back to day in the profile.
11. Just look at user preferences and close.
12. Notice RUP is back to hourly.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users need to look at their user preferences in order to see the Resource Usage Profile in Hours as it was set previously.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms