Dynamic Picklists Don't Scale
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Opportunities
Dynamic picklists don't scale in Release 10 environment
The default value for dynamic picklist fields is 200 units.
If set for a smaller size (for example 150 units for Opportunity Revenue object), the lookup icon and field cursor icon disappear from the screen, which makes the field unusable.
In the tested environment, some changes have been done, such as:
Tradelanes is the Opportunity Revenue standard child object with renamed title
- the custom DCL fields are linked to Location (Name), which is a custom object under Sales
- the path used for changing the DCL field size was: Customize Workarea Pages / Site / ..
After trying to resize the DCL field from Application composer area (width in characters"), the result is that the lookup loupe icon is scaling as it should, but the "deletion cross" remains invisible.
When creating DCL custom fields under Opportunity Revenue and linking them to standard OOTB objects, the fields are displayed correctly in the interface, independent of their size.
In case of standard objects, the DCL fields have a dropdown and arrow icon format, not with a lookup icon.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. go to an Opportunity > Opportunity Revenue object line
2. create a custom DCL field with size of 200 units and another one 150 units wide
3. link both fields to a custom object under Sales
4. see that for the smaller size the lookup icon is not displayed next to the field
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the picklist fields in smaller size, because they can only enter the field value once via typing and without being able to remove it, neither to search for a particular value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms