Microsoft Excel Report Generated and Stored in Document Manager Can Not be Opened Correctly with AutoVue Integrated
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Primavera Unifier - Version 9.13 and later
Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 9.13 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer tried to use Save to Document Manager functionality to save the report after when running xls report, but found the report can not be displayed in AutoVue correctly,
while without Save to Document Manager it worked as expected, can the report can be opened with Microsoft Excel.
AutoVue should be working with Microsoft Excel reports using Save to Document Manager functionality.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Unifier as Company Administrator
2. Get into any project
3. Locate node - Reports
4. Locate sub node - User Defined
5. Locate report - Contracts Details
6. Click on the report to Open
7. Switch report format to - Excel
8. Check option - Document Manager
9. Choose a location for the report
10. Click on button - Run
11. Open the generated report
12. Microsoft Excel report error message - The file you are trying to open is in a different format that specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?
13. Ignore this and click Open
14. Report successfully opened
15. Now go to Document Manager
16. Locate the report in the location pointed in step 9
17. Try to open it with AutoVue
18. Reports not displayed but instead it get rendered as text file
19. Issue received.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot open User Defined report in xls format in AutoVue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms