BICS - X-axis value is incorrect while creating visual analyzer from excel datasource
(Doc ID 2162380.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You created a excel file in which one column value is from 2014/1/1 to 2014/2/28, and another column is numerical value. Use this excel file as Data source to create the best visualization from VisualAnalyzer of BICS or Data Visualization Desktop, you can find the X-axis value is not 2014, but shown as 2069, 2071,2073...etc.
Following is the detail reproduce steps.
1. Created two columns aaaaa, bbbbb from excel and aaaaa column is date type, bbbbb column is numerical
2. Create VA Project
3. Create New Data Source
4. Create new data source from a File, and select the file created at step1
5. Click [Add to project]
6. You can confirm aaaaa column was recognized as Data type and bbbbb column was recognized as numerical
7. Select aaaaa, bbbbb columns and Create Best Visualization from them.
8. You will confirm X-axis value is incorrect.
Note: this issue only occur when the BICS/DVCS browser language is set in Japanese or in Japanese VisualAnalyzer of DVD, and when you tested in English Language Data Visualization Desktop, the X-axis shows correctly.
Next capture is the result of this issue in Japanese language.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!