Fusion Global HR: Error "The Sequence Number for a Person and Contact Relationship Must Be Unique" When Editing an Existing Contact
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing an existing contact, the following error occurs.
Whenever there are more than one relationships (eg. Emergency and Mother) held by the same person for an employee, when the user tries to edit one of the relationships, then the application throws the error.
The sequence number for a person and contact relationship must be unique.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Fusion Applications.
2. Click Navigator > Personal Information.
3. Next page is "My Details". Here, click on Edit button.
4. Next page is "Edit My Details: Contact Information". Click on Contacts card.
5. Next page is "Edit My Details: Contacts". Click on Edit icon to edit one of the contacts (one of the 2 relationships held by the same person).
6. Next edit the details, say Initials. Click on "Save and Close". Then the above error is thrown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms