Actual Total Cost Doubles After Importing XML File
(Doc ID 2172395.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When exporting a project to XML from the Web and then re-importing as a new project, the actual cost is doubled. This occurs after the project is updated with actuals, scheduled, given actual units, and store period performance is run.
The actual cost should not double after scheduled, given actual units, and store period performance is ran.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a new project in the web.
2. Create an Activity then Assign a resource to that activity
3. Give the activity an AS.
4. Assign activity percent complete of 40%.
5. Schedule project to a later date (preferably 1 or 2 weeks).
6. Update actual units on resource. Actual cost should automatically update.
(if not just give the resource assignment some actual cost, like $10)
7. Store period performance.
8. Export to XML.
9. Import that project back in as a new project.
10. Open schedule and note that actual cost has now doubled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!