Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a newly provisioned POD, the customer said there is no geographies loaded and wants to know:
1) Should geographies be automatically loaded as part of provisioning, or does it have to be done manually by the customer?
2) If so, what are the steps to import Geography.
3) They need this initially for 4 countries: US, UK, Ireland, and Germany
4) Which is the best way to load geographies for Japan and other countries not in the list? Where can I find the relevant data file?
5) Is it ok to create legal addresses for legal entities before importing geographies? Will it cause an error in the import process or can we run the process ‘Maintain Geography Name Referencing’ later to ensure data integrity?
6) Also, according to Document 1676530.1 Page 17 Loading geographies section. It says 'For SaaS customers, Oracle Product Services installs the files.' This is why the customer thought that oracle loads these geographies during provisioning.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms