Worker Getting 2 FYI Notifications After Manager Approves His New Profile Item
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Profile Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As per the business requirement, no FYI notifications are required except when the manager changes a profile item where, in this case, the worker is to be notified. Otherwise, no FYIs are to be fired. Therefore, we have turned them all off except for the "Manager Change Profile" notification. However, after the worker submits a new profile item (e.g. degree or competency) for approval and it gets approved, he receives 2 FYI notifications that his new profile item has been approved.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Worker enters a new degree for himself, requiring his manager's approval
2. Manager approves the new degree
3. Worker gets 2 notifications
On Metalink, we found the document "Fusion Goal Management: How to Prevent Both Goal Approval FYI And Approved Notifications Being Sent To Employee (Doc ID 1969326.1)". Although this document is for goal approvals, it is very similar to our profile management issue. This solution basically modifies the SendFYI task via BPM by removing the Complete row. Please refer to the attached document "Multiple FYIs After Profile Approval".
So our questions now are:
1. Will this work in our Profile Management case?
2. If yes, will it stop the Profile Management FYI notification only, or will it globally stop all FYI notifications when an approval is complete?
3. Which task shall we change, the first or second one?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms