Unable to Remove Manually Assigned Role in Manage Users Page
(Doc ID 2181384.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Performance Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The remove role feature on the Manage Users page in Fusion Application does NOT seem to work.
Steps to Reproduce Issue
1. Login to Fusion Application as Admin user
2. Navigate to the Manage Users page
3. Search for a Person Name for whom you want to manually remove a previously assigned role
4. Click open the user details and scroll down to the Current Roles section all the way at the bottom of the Manage Users page
5. Click and highlight the row that shows the role and click the red 'X' icon to remove the role
6. Login to OIM as admin user and verify if the role is removed
7. The role is removed in OIM but not in Fusion (even after executing the 'Retrieve Latest LDAP Changes' synchronization process)
NOTE: The Current Roles section has a column called Provisioning Method that can have the following values:
Automatic: Role assigned using autoprovisioning rules feature triggered by clicking the Autoprovision Roles button on the Manage Users page
Manual: Role assigned using requestable role feature triggered by clicking the Add Role button on the Manage Users page
External: Role assigned directly in Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!