Error Message If Saving Over 3984 Char After Form Has Been Saved Once
(Doc ID 2186806.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Performance Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Performance Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
First red box appears when less than 4K text appears. This is misleading as the text is less than 4K but the system limits the entry with the message. Then if the text is reentered the Save occurs but then the page errors. If using Text box it still create the error but user gets stuck in an endless loop and can't get out.
Page shows ORA-01461:can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Error message if saving over 3984 char after form has been saved once
1. Log into Fusion Performance
2. About Me
4. Self-Evaluation in the Final 2016 Mid-Year Check-In
5. Enter How Work was Accomplished (Questionnaire)
6. Enter text more than 3984 Char
a. Red Box appears around field
7. Enter only 3984 Char
a. No Error Message
8. Save Form
a. No Issues
9. Enter Enter How Work was Accomplished (Questionnaire) again
10. Enter text more than 3984 Char
a. Receive no Error
11. Click Save
12. Receive Message saying performance document was saved
13. Receive Error ORA-01461
a. Data does not commit to DB.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document