Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When customer attempted to edit/update an existing Account address, they received an error message saying that the geography values for State, City and Postal Code are invalid.
City: Invalid value
State: Invalid value
Postal Code: Invalid value
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the environment
2. Enter into Setup and Maintenance and enter Manage Geographies.
3. Enter US into the country code and search. Then enter into the Validation Defined.
4. I tried the process with two settings, one with the Geography defined check boxes, checked, and the other without them checked.
5. Returned to the Home Page and selected Accounts.
6. Select an Account, and Go to the Profile Page. Select an Address.
7. Error message is received when you click OK, whether or not making a change.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms