Errors: "Event Code SRE-2835-B" or "TCVirtualDBEngine.EndTransaction: Missing Begin Transaction" or "Exception=(Stream Read Error)" or "WBS Deleted by Another User" Using P6 Professional Through Cloud Connect Reconfigured for SSO/SAML
(Doc ID 2192314.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following errors occur in P6 Professional when:
- utilizing Cloud Connect database driver
- Cloud Connect is configured for Single Sign On (SSO) / SAML authentication and P6 Professional was reconfigured to connect through SSO
...once the SSO engine expiry settings are exceeded:
TCCustomVirtualRow.ExistInDB: table=($table), Exception=(Stream read error), sql=($sql statement)
WBS '$ProjectName' was deleted by another user.
Event Code: SRE-2835-B
Message: Stream read error
Exception Exception in module PM.exe at <address>.
TCVirtualDBEngine.EndTransaction: Missing Begin Transaction.
Event Codes VTDCF-2210-5
- When the exceptions above occur, P6 Professional may hang until the application is forcefully closed.
- The above exceptions can occur other alternate circumstances. and the symptoms in this document are specific to P6 Professional/Cloud Connect reconfigured for SSO AND ONLY WHEN EXCEEDING THE SSO EXPIRY PERIOD.
- All cloud customers are not utilizing Cloud Connect/P6 Professional through SSO unless the environment has been reconfigured for SAML. If the environment has not been reconfigured for SAML, cloud customers are authenticating through cloud connect and the ldap protocol connecting to an internal directory server.
The issue can be reproduced, at will, with the following steps:
- Install an SSO application (Oracle Access Manager)
- Install a Web Server (Oracle HTTP Server)
- Configure a Webgate with the Web Server
- Configure the web server WebLogic proxy for cloud connect
- Configure Cloud Connect for SSO
- Configure P6 Professional to:
- Connect through Cloud Connect / CloudServer driver
- Utilize SAML to enable SSO authentication
- Set the session expiry period in the SSO engine
- Login to P6 Professional
- Use the product longer than the duration of the SSO session expiry and note the reported issues which occur
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document