Activity Codes Not Available in All Pick Lists in Activity View
(Doc ID 2200653.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Activity codes that only differ by spaces, underscores, or dashes will not make both codes available when customizing columns in the activities view.
For all Global Activity Codes to be available in all pick lists in all views.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Go to Enterprise | Activity Codes | Global | Modify.
2) Create an activity code called ^TEST.
3) Create a second activity code called TEST.
4) Make sure that the activity code ^TEST is higher up the list in the activity code dictionary (however, this issue occurs whichever code is higher up the list).
5) Create some activity code values for both activity codes.
6) Go to File | New and create a new project.
7) Go to Project | Activities and create a few activities.
8) On the Activity Details | Codes tab, click on the Assign button and notice that when the display says All Values, both activity codes can be seen.
9) Assign a code value from each code to the activity (however, this is not necessarily important).
10) Go to View | Columns | Expand the activity codes -global category on the left side and notice that only the activity code that was higher in the list is available.
11) Same issue occurs in the Group and Sort dialog box and Export template.
12) Also note, if you add the one column and then later move the other above, it will automatically place the one that is above into the layout replacing the one selected prior. For example, if "^Test" was added to the columns and it had values for activities. If you then go into the Dictionary and place "Test" above "^Test" whereas "Test" was not assigned to any activities, the column will then show "^Test (Test)" and the values will all be blank since it wasn't assigned to activities.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot see the similar Activity Codes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document