Access Methods For Primavera Virtual Desktop (P6 Professional Through Secure Global Desktop (SGD) Offering)
(Doc ID 2200876.1)
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) Cloud Service, the goal of this document is to provide all methods available for accessing Primavera Virtual Desktop (P6 Professional access using the Secure Global Desktop offering).
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE USING PRIMAVERA VIRTUAL DESKTOP
- A user must be created in the Cloud Administration application, assigned to the Primavera Virtual Desktop role.
- The provisioning process will take 10 minutes to complete when assigned to the Primavera Virtual Desktop role. Do not attempt to utilize Primavera Virtual Desktop with the user account until after 10 minutes from assignment to the role.
- The username (created within Cloud Administration) must adhere to the following guidelines (because a local windows account will be created on a windows terminal server to access P6 Professional through Secure Global Desktop):
- A user name cannot be identical to any other user name or group name on the computer that is being administered.
- The user name can contain up to 20 uppercase characters or lowercase characters, except for the following: " / \ [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < > @
- A user name cannot consist solely of periods (.) or spaces.
- A password can contain up to only 127 characters.
- Reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770642.aspx
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!