About: Special Characters not Displaying Correctly in Excel 2007+
Last updated on JULY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Taleo Platform Cloud Service - Reporting for OBI - Version 14B and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When analysis results in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) contain multi-byte characters, these characters are not exporting correctly:
- Exporting French accented characters (é) randomly display �
- Japanese characters corrupted by Excel 2007+ export
- Fields with special characters don't render properly
- The results display correctly inside the OBI application
- The same analysis exports correctly to Excel 2003
This issue exists in any OBIEE patch sets 184.108.40.206.131017, 220.127.116.11.140114, or 18.104.22.168.140225.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms