Troubleshooting Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Connectivity
(Doc ID 2204822.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Compute Cloud Service
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article discusses Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connectivity to Windows Oracle Cloud servers (instances/VMs) issues and troubleshooting. Some of the errors/symptoms RDP can fail with are:
- Error message: "Remote access to the server is not enabled."
- Error message: "The remote computer is turned off."
- Error message: "The remote computer is not available on the network."
- Gets stuck on any of the following screens: "Initiating remote connection", "Securing remote connection", "Connecting to:"
- Hangs after credentials are being inserted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document