Cannot Change Column's "Compress Values" Currency Label in Dashboard Infolet
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Analytics
In the "Actuals vs. Quota" Dashboard tiles on the Sales infolets page (2nd page of CRM Home page), the Brazilian Real Portuguese currency label (R$)--appearing to the right of the Revenue amounts--is correct; however, the units labels for thousands, millions, and billions is INCORRECT, but ONLY when the OBIEE user account language preference is set to Brazilian Portuguese.
These units labels appear correct when the user's BI currency preference is 'CRM Currency' and the CRM user account language preference is set to "American English".
When the BI currency preference is "CRM Currency" and the CRM user account language is set to Brazilian Portuguese, the units are incorrect.
Quota: R$280,00Thous... [the edge of the Dashboard tile cuts off the rest].
This is a problem because "Thousands" is not a Brazilian Portuguese word.
"K" is also used in Brazilian Portuguese, for "thousands" monetary unit designations.
How can customer achieve the correct appearance when the users' CRM currency is set to Brazilian Portuguese?
The reports are based on 'Actual vs Quota' and 'Open Pipeline' Performance tiles.
Correct appearance within 'Actuals vs. Quota' infolet tile, as per the business requirement:
Customers should be able to specify how the units are displayed.
The Dashboards should not display the whole word "Thousands" when customers' Sales Cloud language preferences, especially since Thousands is not a Portuguese word.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Set CRM language to Brazilian Portuguese
2. Ensure that the BI currency preference is "CRM Currency"
3. Navigate to the Edit screen for the "My Actuals vs. Quota" tile located here:
- Shared Folders > Sales > Embedded Content > Sales Representative > "Tile: My Actuals vs. Quota"
3. Ensure that the tile's 'Quota' and 'Won' amounts' Data Format (under Column Properties) is this Custom Numeric Format: [$:currencyTagColumn="Sales - CRM Pipeline"."Currency"."Common Currency Code"]
3. Log in as a Sales Representative
- (Ensure this user's CRM language preference is "Brazilian Portuguese")
4. View the Sales Infolets page (2nd page of Home screen)
5. View (or add if it's not there) the "My Actuals vs. Quota" infolet tile.
6. Note the formatting of the units label to the right of the 'Quota' and 'Won' amounts.
This causes confusion for non-English speakers within the organization.
Due to this issue, users cannot see correct, friendly currency labels that immediately indicate the correct amounts, since not all users understand the English word "Thousands".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms