Error: "WBS status cannot be Active unless its parent's status is Active." When Running Update Baseline And Baseline Is Not Updated
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 8.4 to 16.2]
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 8.4 to 16.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 8.4 to 16.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error returned when running update baseline on a project: “WBS status cannot be Active unless its parent's status is Active.”
The project does not update as a result of the error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open a project
- Project > Maintain Baseline
- Make a copy of initial baseline
- Update Baseline (Specify the activities to include: Activities within the following filter) Customer has a specific filter
- Receive the following dialog box: “Error(s) occurred during update process. Please see log for more details.
- Review the log: SEVERE ----- : Errors located: StatusCode: WBS status cannot be Active unless its parent's status is Active.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms