Global HR: Error "java.lang.NullPointerException" Encountered When Terminating An Employee With Direct Reports
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to terminate a Work Relationship, the following error occurs.
The user is able to proceed after the error is closed.
This issue happens ONLY for employees with direct reports. Employees without direct reports do not get the error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following 2 navigation:
1. Log in as HR Admin
2. Click Navigator > Person Management
3. Search for and open an employee with direct reports (Person Number 10373)
4. Click Tasks > Manage Work Relationship
5. Click Actions > Departure. Then above error is thrown.
1. Log as Line Manager
2. Click Navigator > My Team
3. Click the action dropdown of an employee with direct reports
4. Click Personal and Employment > Departure
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms