Unable To Copy EBS Payroll Data Into ADFDi Import Journal Template
(Doc ID 2218082.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Create and Manage Journals
When attempting to upload journals from a spreadsheet, after using an EBS exported excel file,
the following error occurs.
The rows shows Insert Failed status and dialog error shows:
Messages for this table row are listed below:
DEPARTMENT: You are using a segment value that does not exist.
SUB DEPT: You are using a segment value that does not exist.
ACCOUNT: You are using a segment value that does not exist.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Download the latest ADFDi template to upload journals
2. Take data from an exported EBS Excel file, in this case Payroll data.
3. Several fields have a tab (or space) before the value.
4. Excel does not see the values as text, even if Text format is selected- they are displayed in the middle of the column.
5. Double click in the value allows user to select from LOVs, and this fixes the data.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot import the journals just copying data from an EBS exported excel file, needs to select form LOV one by one and that takes to much time or type the values it again.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!